Bridge and Dementia Prevention
The WBF Bridge & Science Committee, chaired by Dr. Marek Malysa has released a specialist paper on the subject of Bridge in the context of Dementia Prevention and Alzheimer Therapy.
This is ongoing work to study the benefits of bridge as an aid to the elderly in maintaining brain health and the prevention or delaying of the onset of dementia. Click here to download the full report
Due to the activity of this Committee, together with the Stirling University Research, promoted and coordinated by Prof. Samantha Punch with the support of the WBF, the image of bridge is strengthened and developing its full potential with such projects in the social, cultural and educational fields.
Links to earlier news articles on the topic of the benefits of bridge can be found here:
- Short Video linked to the BAMSA research on the benefits of bridge
- Bridge – a Mindsport for all
- Taking Bridge Seriously
- Exploring the Social World of the Mind Sport of Bridge
- University academics ‘bridge the gap’ with new card club
- WBF and University of Stirling Research Updates
- International Scientific Conference – Recreation and joy of life for Seniors