Extract from the 2021 WBF Anti-Doping Rules:
Within the overall pool of Athletes set out above who are bound by and required to comply with these Anti-Doping Rules, the following Athletes shall be considered to be International-Level Athletes for the purposes of these Anti-Doping Rules, and, therefore, the specific provisions in these Anti-Doping Rules applicable to International-Level Athletes (e.g., Testing, TUEs, whereabouts, and Results Management) shall apply to such Athletes:
Athletes who hold the following license: World Grand Master, World Life Master, World International Masters, World Masters;
Athletes who compete in any of the following International Events:
- The World Bridge Team Championships & World Open Transnational, held every two years in the odd numbered years
- The World Bridge Games (Open, Women and Mixed categories) held every fourth year
- The World Bridge Series (Open, Women and Mixed categories) held every fourth year
- The World Youth Bridge Team Championships, held every two years in the odd numbered years
- The World Transnational Youth Championships, held every two years in the even numbered years
Athletes included in the WBF Registered Testing Pool, Testing Pool and any other pool if established by WBF.
This means that if a player is participating in ANY of the above events and taken some form of prohibited medication they will require a TUE which must be sought at least 30 days before the start of the competition in which they are to compete, together with all the required documentation.
Details about the information required, together with the forms to be completed can be found by clicking here.
Note that players in the Senior events, while still liable for testing, are not required to have a TUE before the event as it can be given retrospectively. However if they are playing in any of the above events but are of Senior age, a TUE is still required.